I’m not sure that in a lot of cases Health and Beauty should be in the same category, and in most can truly be in the same sentence. Of course, this contradicts my tagline “Health is Beautiful”.. because yes, generally a healthy lifestyle gives you a beautifully balanced mind & body, and clear glowy skin. But are beauty products necessarily healthy?
In this blog I’m referring to supplements. Most of us know about Hair, Skin & Nails, and Collagen “inner beauty” kind of pills. But do you know what you’re actually putting in your body? I’m not saying that all products are bad, but some of them are synthetic and full of, well.. crap – and they cause all sorts of health issues, especially in the gut (trust me, I learned the hard way).
Anyway, I’m not going to rant and put any brands down, all I’m trying to say is to check the labels and do your research on the ingredients before buying/taking supps.
SO! Let’s get to the juicy stuff. I do have a product to rave about. Anyone who know’s me, know’s I’m:
1. obsessed with a healthy lifestyle, and
2. strongly focused on inner health to achieve that delicious, dewy glow (inside & out).
Because I have my skincare brand and am so passionate about this stuff, I was introduced to the founder of a brand called Intrametica; Angela Maree Smith – naturopath and owner of North Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic.
Soon after meeting her I rushed to the website to get my hands on all of her products, and fell in love! I’m normally quite sensitive to plant proteins, but the Toned Protein Boost is one of a kind because it’s bio-fermented, so easily digested (and no bloating, yay!). It’s so delicious and have it in my smoothie on the daily. Below is my “Glowy Smoothie” recipe which consists of:
- 2 tablespoon Toned Protein Boost
- 1/2 cup iced Green Tea
- 1 teaspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cacao
Why am I so in love with this stuff, you ask? Well, firstly the ingredient list is incredible. Take a look:
- Fish Collagen (sustainably sourced) Hydrolised Bioactive Peptides (50%)
- Intrametica™ proprietary Collagen Ultimate™ Superfood Blend (28%)
- Beetroot (Beta vulgaris) juice powder*
- Acerola (Malpighia glabra L.) fruit juice powder*
- Boabab (Adansonia digitata) fruit powder*
- Blackberry (Rubus laciniatus) fruit powder*
- Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) fruit powder*
- Astaxanthin (Hematoccocus pluvialis) powdered
- Goji (Lycium barbarum) berry fruit powder*
- Blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum) fruit powder
- Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) fruit powder and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) leaf powder
- Melon concentrate (Curcubis melo L. Curcubitaceae) fruit powder
- Grapeseed (Vitis vinefera L.) seed powder
- Kakadu Plum (Terminalia Ferdinandiana) Fruit powder*
- Red Raspberry (Rubus idaeus) fruit powder
- Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruit powder providing Lycopene
- Maqui Berry (Aristotelia chilensis) fruit powder
- Carrot (Daucus carota subsp. Sativus) juice powder)
- Natural Raspberry Flavour
- Acid (Citric Acid)
- Natural Blackcurrant Flavour
- Natural Strawberry Flavour
- Thickener (Organic Maltodextrin (Corn)
- Antioxidant (Zinc gluconate)
- Colloidal Silica
- Organic Stevia
I’m in week 6 of their “8 week proven results” research and development program, and can say that apart from an extra vibrant and smooth complexion, my energy has been extra vibrant! There are so many targeted health benefits of this product that it results in beautiful, healthy and clear skin. I honestly can’t go without it now, and am so happy to pay the higher price for such a high quality product that improves quality of life!
In part 2 of this blog, I will be posting the before and after pictures of taking Intrametica Collagen Ultimate+ for 8 weeks.. so stay tuned!
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!!
Lot’s of Love,