The Clear Skin Diet?

Do you look at yourself everyday?

But do you really look at yourself? Notice the complexion, the texture, the colour and condition of your skin?

Most of us just accept the way it is, and cover it up with a little or a lot of makeup. The truth is, your skin can act as a map of your inner health. When I look at my face – I instantly know I’ve had too many Tim Tams and glasses of wine for the week, because my eye area will be super dark, and my complexion will be lumpy.

Ever notice things like this?

Your first thought might be to go to your bathroom cupboard or the chemist to get a product to fix everything. Whilst products can help, the biggest issue is that you’re not listening to your body and taking proper care of your health. Take a look at this face map..Face Map.jpg

When I look at this, there is no wonder why my eyes are dark – my poor kidneys! WebMD.com says “The kidneys are sophisticated trash collectors. Every day, your kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to sift out about 2 quarts of waste products and extra water”. Take real notice of what these signs are telling you – those Tim Tams and wine are doing more harm than a hang over!

What is your face telling you?!

If you’ve read my story, you’ll know the importance I place on my health & happiness in order to achieve consistently clear skin.

Now you’re probably wondering, what do I do then?! Here are some top tips for you:

  1. Drink fresh, detoxing juices on the daily. Make them up as you go – all you need to do is whip up a bunch of fruit & vegetables in a juicer or blender (using a blender will make your juice thick)! Check out my favourite recipe for inspiration.
  2. Feed your body with balanced, clean and simple diet – be mindful of what you’re putting in your body.
  3. Get hot and SWEAT. IT. OUT! Exercise, saunas and steam rooms help to sweat out toxins
  4. Use clean, green, conscious beauty products. Read the ingredient list of the products you’re using, and get yourself educated on them!
  5. Be mindful: meditate at least 3-4 times per week. Stress causes HUGE problems for your body, and generally manifests as acne, exhaustion (and tired skin) and sickness. I meditate with the HeadSpace app and with Jess Shepherd on YouTube.

It might look like a big, scary and perhaps a huge lifestyle change for you.; but I can say with my hand on my heart, even just upping your vegetable intake with a juice everyday will dramatically improve your overall health and your skin!

I’m not telling you to stop all of the fun, because I’m not giving up my wine either –  but my body certainly thrives when I’m in a good, healthy routine 90% of the time. Your body will easily deal with the other 10%.

What are your thoughts. I would LOVE to see some more suggestions, recipes and read any of your health changing experiences!

 

Hugs,

Alannah xx

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: